Pages

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

On the Way to the Beach! Jamaica Style!

This is a 2-page layout of the travels to Beaches Resort in Negril, Jamaica.  I wanted the pages to blend, but to stand alone, if needed.  Not that I can think of a reason why they would be separated.  I used DCWV Citrus paper again, but went BOLD with the design.  I figured, what the heck, it's my first scrapbook, go crazy!  I also wanted to try using the gromlets that I got (really cheap at TJ MAXX) and the Crop-A-Dile II Big Bite.  You can see them lining the bottom of the blue circle on the first page.  Speaking of the circle, I actually traced a luncheon plate and hand-cut it out.  My mother laughed and said, "Why don't you use the Cricut?"  Well, there is something to be said about hand-cutting.  I feel like I'm really crafting...old-school.  Plus sometimes it just seems faster.  Especially for a big circle like this.


I did use the Cricut Expression to cut out the lettering and the scalloped frames.  The letters were a combo of Lyrical Letters fonts and Life is a Beach--I used the graphic with the swim trunks that were attached to the word "BEACH"--then cut off the trunks.  I wanted the letters to be connected (no, I don't have a Gypsy).  The scalloped frames were from the Winter Woodland cartridge--I think they were a background for a snowflake.  Perfect for what I needed!


I stuck some paper flowers together with some brads and played around with the layout for a while.  I was pretty happy with how it turned out.  It is vibrant, fun and colorful.  This layout took some time, well, most of my layouts do.  I am not a fast scrapper AT ALL!  I have to rearrange at least 5 or 6 times...then I take a break from it, sometimes for several days.  Then it all seems to come together in the end.  I don't commit with adhesives unless I am really sure I like it.  It drives my mother CRAZY!!  Ha!


No comments:

Post a Comment