Pages

Monday, September 20, 2010

Scrap! It's finally here!

Welcome to my new blog! This is the sister blog of Lollipop Jubilee, which has thus far been a mish mash of posts about things I like, including card making and scrapbooking. Since scrappin' has become such a major part of my life, I decided to create a blog designated mainly to scrapbooking, stamping, card making and crafting in general. Please feel free to toggle between the blogs...I have added links to help you do this easily. Also, please click on "follow me" on the right-hand column of the page! I need followers!

For my first post, it is only appropriate to show you the first card I made. It was for a co-worker's baby shower and I wanted to give her something handmade. I decided to jump right in and use my mother's Cricut Expression and Cuddlebug for the first time too. Way to ease into it! (Read the "about me" section to see how my scrapbooking adventure began).

For this little card, I used the Potpourri Basket cartridge for the lettering and Zoobaloo for the birds. I even embossed with Swiss Dots and Just My Type Cuddlebug folders. The paper was from Die Cuts With A View Spring Glitter Stack.


Looking back, I see many things that I would have done differently, like chalk the birds and the frame...maybe add more bling, but overall I thought it turned out pretty cute! I have progressed since way back then (ha! it was just this past April that I made this). I am using new techniques, materials and styles now. Cards are so fun because you can make them fairly quickly with great satisfaction.

More to come! Thanks for visiting!
Stephanie



1 comment:

  1. Stephanie I just love this card. How long did it take to make such a cute thing?
    Love your new scrappin' blog!

    ReplyDelete