Pages

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Jubilee Bliss Mini Album

I finished this mini album quite some time ago and I'm finally getting around to posting it.  This was my first scrapbook mini album.  I wanted to try something different.  I like making these because they are interactive and you can touch and feel the pages and embellishments versus hiding them behind plastic as in a traditional scrapbook.  I've made several of these now and plan to share them on this blog. 

I used Basic Grey Urban Prairie paper for this album.  I love the colors and patterns.  The book is 6 x 6 which is a fun size to work with.  The theme was "happiness", hence the name Jubilee Bliss.  I did a lot of research on YouTube and other blogs to determine what elements to use on the page.  I found great ideas from many wonderful and talented scrapbookers--cute pockets, tags, even a mini-mini album that is so easy to make I was amazed.  This post is picture-heavy, so fair warning!

Here are the front cover and the first two pages.  Fairly simple with a tri-fold photo mat and a pocket with tag.  I used the Urban Prairie stamps throughout this album too.  They are so adorable!






The next two pages use techniques borrowed from Laura from Following the Paper Trail and Steff from With a Grin.  Laura came up with this great envelope pocket with 4 pockets for 4 double-sided tags.  And Steff always tries to incorporate the large paper bag pocket page with 2 pockets into her books.  I modified it and used one large envelope instead of a paper bag.  They are easy and a great way to add an extra page to your book. 







The next page is the other side of the large envelope pocket which provides a great space for a photo or two.  I added a little tag for interest and maybe some journaling, then another page for a photo or for journaling with a white marker.  I used a white rub on for this page.




The next page I created a corner pocket and a little 2 page tag.  The following page features the mini-mini album that I tied to the page with a ribbon.  I created little tags to insert.  I love this little book!  I am happy with how it turned out.  I followed a great tutorial on YouTube by Tracy.






Okay, next is a simple page--the paper is so beautiful that I didn't want to cover it.  After that, a flip up photo mat with a spot to journal.  The final page has a photo mat and a pocket with cute round tags.  The back cover is simple with a cute butterfly flying away.









I also used fibers, charms, buttons, bling, etc. from my stash.  So, that is it!  I hope you enjoyed the many many pictures.  Leave a comment and let me know what you think! 

Thanks for visiting!
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment